When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Albany, it
is normal to be a little stressed. Before you start
to panic about how you’ll get everything done, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized
Regardless of whether you are
having five or 50 people over for the holidays, these
tips can help reduce your stress and ensure your home is safe and
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during
the holidays—the kitchen. Everyone can help chop up veggies, cook up a storm
and utilize pull out counter tops for hot dishes.
After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes it
easy to clear away the after-dinner mess so you can relax with loved ones.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set
the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or
various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal
- Now is a great time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in
Albany to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests
warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation,
or even replacement
to make sure everyone has a warm and cozy holiday.
- Add some life in the dead of winter. Through such a cold season in Albany, it is hard to find bright colors besides your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s
cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this
will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether the kids need a table or there simply
aren’t enough seats,
make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to
your guests. Don’t forget about an inviting area
to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune
your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best
kitchen in Albany every year. If you don’t like cooking, add fun with
festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Before the holidays is
the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms.
With all of the holiday madness going on, it is easy to be forgetful. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things
go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the
holidays. Whether you love a festive, themed table or a simple setting,
there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything
from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the
center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you can take advantage of endless possibilities to expand your
space and utilize a nook. Make use of your
untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a a bench that can store pillow and throws for
chilly nights. This is a perfect spot for you to set Santa’s cookies or
enjoy a cup of coffee before Thanksgiving cooking begins.
no matter how many projects you can fit in
before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. Use
your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in
Albany than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy
for your friends and family, visit
our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Albany showroom or call
us at 518-414-5302.