Fall is upon us in Albany, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Albany a call at 518-414-5302 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!