Cooler temps are heading our way in Albany and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often increase. There are many things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Albany winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Albany experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Albany.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Albany a call at 518-414-5302 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.