Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your Albany home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and involve a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a great first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Albany, give them a call at 518-414-5302 or plan an appointment online to work through all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.