Pella has a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Albany. Whether that’s through our internal business practices or selling energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on each climate. The styles below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Consult your Albany Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass choices or our recommended glass for the Albany region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between two or more glass panes to give extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Albany Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.